Vaše náplň práce
Our Multicraft Maintenance Technicians play a vital and highly valued role in keeping our operations running to support the achievement of the plant’s business goals and objectives. Join our maintenance team and expand your technical knowledge through highly diversified job duties including the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of our plant’s tire production equipment according to our safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems.
- Play a vital and highly valued role in keeping our operations running to support the achievement of the plant’s business goals and objectives
- Expand technical knowledge through highly diversified job duties including the installation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of out plant’s tire production equipment according to our safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain various equipment and machinery throughout the plant
- Preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment that comes through the shop and to include all machines in the shops
- Install and maintain production equipment, including emergency/unscheduled repairs
- Troubleshoot and repair control devices and motors (110 V AC – 4160 V AC)
- Troubleshoot, program, and repair PLC’s on the shop floor
- Must have strong mechanical or electrical aptitude and strong communication and computer skills
- Must be able to understand PLCs, use hand tools and precision measuring devices, and accurately troubleshoot and utilize problem-solving skills
- Repair relay/limit switch logic devices and electronic control devices that utilize solid state components, transistors, diodes, and VDC, including printed circuit board assemblies
- Maintain power and lighting transformers
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, including adjustments
- Troubleshoot as a mechanic, using common hand tools to adjust or replace worn and broken parts of a structural, rotating, reciprocating, or running nature
- Perform machinist work, including the use of common machine tools to cut, shape, form, etc.
- Read and interpret work orders and equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service
- Install and maintain piping, both Ferris and Non-Ferris, screwed, welded, flanged, or otherwise coupled; shutoffs, controls, check valves, traps, and strainers
- Perform carpentry work, using woodworking tools for the purpose of repairing wood structures, construction of crating, cutting of blocking, etc.
- Repair duct work, machinery guards, drip pans, tanks, vent hood, and various other types of equipment using light to medium gauge metal
- Weld (both electric and gas) flat weld and pipe welding in any position
- Follow all plant and environmental policies as well as plant and departmental safety policies
- Follow the internal ESH work instructions in the daily work
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Perform other duties as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Department Manager
- AAS degree in Mechatronics or Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Maintenance OR three or more years work experience in industrial maintenance
- High school diploma or GED
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Medium to heavy work. Exposure to heat and dust. Must be able to stand for long periods, frequently stoop, twist, bend, walk long distances, climb stairs/ladders, and lift 50 or more pounds occasionally. Not afraid to get dirty. Full range of motion in both hands and arms with the ability to use both hand and powered tools. Willing to work 12 hour straight day or straight night shifts and overtime as needed.
- AAS degree in Mechatronics or Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Maintenance WITH four or more years of industrial maintenance experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.