Vaše náplň práce
The Arlington, Texas location is seeking a Calender Operator to join our team. You will be assigned tasks and functions to perform in accordance with organizational instructions, established safety procedures and ISO standards. Monitor the production processes to ensure the final product quality meets the customer’s specification and follow the Production schedule instructions, operational procedures and the production Bill of Material requirements.
- Operate 3-roll calender machine that presses rubber or fabric to uniform thickness and even finish.
- Turns hand wheel or air valve to regulate pressure on calender rolls according to material being pressed.
- Adjusts thermostat to set specified temperature for rollers.
- Starts machine and guides material into feed rollers.
- Measures thickness and width of material, using micrometer and tape measure, and adjusts pressure on rollers so thickness and width of material will conform to specifications.
- Observes and adjusts coolant heating valves to control temperature of rollers.
- Removes rolls of material from take-up roll.
- Records width, yardage, and type of material processed on work order and attaches ticket to roll of material.
- Change roll, using hoist and hand tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Set up and operate all equipment according to company procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Follow all processing, measuring, packaging and shipping procedures as directed.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Perform basic maintenance on equipment as directed
- Complete all computer work and paperwork neatly and correctly as directed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion
- Comply with all company labor policies
- Actively participate in company betterment activities
- Take advantage of opportunities to develop self
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required
- G.E.D or H.S. Diploma
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Successfully completed all company training as required
- Knowledge of operating methods and procedures as they relate to their work center
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned job functions in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures
- Ability to use and accurately read push gauge
- Ability to be certified as a forklift driver
- Occasional sitting ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Frequent reaching/bending/stooping/crouching/kneeling ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent exertion of up to 30 pounds of force ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent pushing/ pulling/grasping/fingering ranging from .25 to 8 hours per day
- Continuous exertion of up to 10 pounds of force constantly ranging from 5.5 to 8.0 hours per day
- Continuous standing/walking from 2.5 to 8.0 hours per day
- Continuous repetitive motion such as visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal, visual inspection of defects, operate machines, such as hoists, cranes, calenders, and mills where seeing the job is at or within arm’s reach from 2.5 to 8.0 hours per day
- Continuous determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures from 2.5 to 8.0 hours per day
- Continuous visual inspection of small parts and machinery, operate machinery, determine the accuracy from, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures 5.5 hours per day
- Continuous exposure to inside and outside weather conditions, noise, vibration, hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to high heat or chemicals from 2.5 to 8.0 hours per day
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.