Value Engineer – R&D / Software Development (m/f/d) BA AM - CSC (TM)
Vaše náplň práce
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring cost optimization and cost transparency for our components business (radar, camera, lidar, ADCU) across the entire product lifecycle regarding R&D and software costs/efforts within the Value Engineering department.
- Leading of interdisciplinary value engineering projects to optimize R&D costs/efforts incl. software
- Creation of cost down solutions for R&D/software development efforts based on analytically created calculations and functional analysis
- Leading cost discussions with product development, purchasing, external partners, customers, and suppliers based on deep technical understanding and defining negotiation approaches for implementing cost reduction initiatives
- Analysis and challenging of R&D/software requirements in terms of effort (sizing) in accordance to needed product maturity
- Validation of customer and supplier offers
- Identification of cost reduction potentials and support in the analysis of cost improvement solutions and market trends (focus: R&D / Software Development)
- Strategic cost planning of R&D efforts (incl. software development) to create overall cost transparency
- Establish dedicated know-how for cost-analytical evaluation of R&D/software development efforts
- University degree in (business) informatics, computer science, general engineering or comparable
- Very good knowledge in the field of value analysis, cost analysis
- In-depth knowledge of R&D and software cost calculation and effort estimation
- Profound professional experience in the areas of research/development, calculation, ideally at a software or consulting company
- Very good presentation, moderation, and communication skills
- Negotiation experience with customers and suppliers
- Strong analytical thinking skills and structured way of working
- MS Office 365, industry standard calculation tools, SAP R/3
- Business fluent English skills (verbal and written).
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.