ADAS R&D Embedded Software Engineer Senior
Vaše náplň práce
Autonomous Mobility for You. Anywhere. Anytime. This is our vision, and in the Autonomous Mobility (AM) business area, we bring together all the competencies needed to make this vision a reality, and to put autonomous systems on the road. We strongly believe that Autonomous Mobility will enhance the quality of life of people and will increase the safety in the roads.
A skilled ADAS/AM Embedded Software Engineer is required to support our growing team. The ADAS/AM Embedded Software Engineer we are looking for is a software developer with vast experience analyzing requirements, developing, and debugging embedded code by many means, understanding hardware architecture, hardware communication protocols and complex software development topics. Our software engineers actively work in teams to create and update software components of AM/ADAS products that are being developed or are already in production.
Our engineers are part of a multidisciplinary and global community responsible for the design, integration and maintenance of Continental products using the AUTOSAR framework which include several software components such as diagnostics, error handling, communications, cybersecurity, memory management and power management. Your work will support the development of technologies such as RADAR, camera, LIDAR, other related vehicle sensing components and as well high-performance automotive computers, which together enable driving functions and other automated driving features to make Autonomous Mobility happen.
- Design, develop and module test of embedded sensor software to meet product requirements.
- Participate in the necessary requirements engineering.
- Maintain correspondence with multiple engineering teams, both national and foreign.
- Develop sustainable software and support other teams in charge of its verification.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer and product requirements.
- Support the development of other engineers by training and helping them understand the technical aspects of our products.
- Breakdown technical topics and requirements to provide guidance to younger engineers on how to perform their work effectively.
- Follow the Continental development life cycle process, including development and QA activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related engineering field.
- Understanding of the automotive software development life cycle (V-Model, ASPICE)
- Several years of experience developing low-level/embedded software.
- Demonstrated proficiency at reading and implementing general code with C/C++ programming languages
- Proficiency in CAPL scripting, CANoe, CANalyzer, Lauterbach Trace32 or similar tools.
- Knowledge of UDS diagnostics, CAN, and Automotive Ethernet.
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g., DOORS) and software lifecycle management tools (e.g., IMS Integrity, JIRA, Github)
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Critical thinking and decision-making ability.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual.
- Fluent communication in English (TOEIC 900+) for project and technical communication.
- Very good communication and presentation skills. Cross-cultural competence.
- Technical writing; be able to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Experience coaching/guiding less experienced engineers.
- Willingness to travel for training and Go-&-See (internationally and/or domestically).
- Experience in active safety electronics systems or other safety electronics products.
- Familiarity/experience with ADAS or autonomous driving systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with AGILE methodologies and tools.
Knowledge on ASIL and Functional Safety.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.