Vaše náplň práce
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the Sumter Plant’s accounting activities. Responsible for accurate accounting of all Sumter GL balances, PP&E, and inventories.
• Provide overall management of the accounting functions in the Sumter plant to ensure accurate GL account balances, accurate accounting of all Sumter plant PP&E, and accurate inventory accounting and working capital each actual period closing and FC.
• Manage monthly reconciliations of all GL balances in the Sumter plant Business Area. Ensure oversight for the correct accounting treatment of all plant specific transactions. Maintain oversight and review of all accounting JE’s to ensure compliance to IFRS and Corporate Standards.
• Manage and ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of all Sumter plant specific A/P issues.
• Manage and ensure accurate accounting of fixed and current assets for the Sumter plant.
• Manage the implementation of common standard corporate accounting processes and procedures as directed from the Central Accounting function in the Americas and/or Worldwide HQ.
• Develop accounting systems to ensure accurate, rapid, and transparent reporting of the financial performance of the plant. Adopt standardized SAP reports used by Continental AG Tire Cost Systems.
• Propose methods and programs for improving accounting systems and processes in the Sumter plant. Recommend improvements to improve the financial results of the Sumter plant.
• Coordinate and support external and internal audits and afterwards lead the audit finding corrections process with necessary actions.
• Training, development and management of accounting team.
• Take over additional tasks within the Accounting Team.
• Perform other duties as directed by Head of Controlling.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, MBA desirable
• 5+years’ experience -- Manufacturing cost concepts preferred
• Strong Communication and Analytical skills
• Computer skills (including Microsoft Office products, SAP)
• Ability to understand and apply U.S. GAAP and IFRS
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our Controlling department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Podobná pracovní místa
Controlling Financial Analyst
Tax Associate / Analyst