Production Superintendent - Compounding
Vaše náplň práce
- Reports functional to the Head of Compounding Lincoln and has one direct staff report.
- Ensure operation of all production, rework processes and equipment according to standards and planning in close cooperation with Safety, Quality, Process Engineering, Production Planning and Maintenance associates.
- Ensure operation of in-process quality control and final inspection according to standards and planning
- Initiate and control measures to improve production process performance
- Improve and follow up regularly on quality and losses with relevant departments
- Ensures compliance with requirements regarding Environment Safety and Health (ESH)
- Operate shop floor training management (i.e. education and training of variable staff for production, logistics and maintenance processes)
- Support production performance (KPI) monitoring and reporting (e.g. regarding cost, lead time, quality, scrap, waste, energy, OEE, etc.) in cooperation with manufacturing engineering and plant controlling
- Meets daily with mix employees to assess shift performance (Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity).
- Perform audits on work rules, 5S, standard work and other plant objectives
- Support, disposition of off-test stock, processing feedback, material/production planning, Shipping receiving, maintenance, and Engineering as needed.
- This position is accountable for leading, managing, providing direction and support to the Compounding production processes overall and on shift.
- Manage and coordinate the production functions of the Compounding area
- Ensure the achievement of production targets according to internal and external customer expectations
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by complying with corporate and governmental regulations as well as lean principles.
- Ensure all associates are working to meet the organization’s metrics around safety, quality, delivery and cost.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- HS Diploma/GED
- 5+ years Production Supervisor Experience
- Candidate must have solid leadership, presentation, problem solving, and group dynamics skills.
- Prior manufacturing/production experience is required.
- Ability to work off shifts as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with a union environment.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Experience with change management.
- Rubber Manufacturing Experience
No visa sponsorship or relocation provided
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
The basic function of the Mix Department is to produce homogenous compounds made from natural rubber, synthetic rubber, fillers, softeners and rubber chemicals for the production of rubber-based products in Lincoln, other Continental/ContiTech production plant sites and for external customers in the automotive and industry sectors.
Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Production Superintendent - Compounding to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?