Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Vaše náplň práce
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Facilities Manager to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Facilities & Maintenance Manager for our Lincoln, NE plant will direct and manage the facilities and maintenance teams to include Capex capital & expense planning, building and infrastructure construction and maintenance, equipment modification, scheduling and upkeep of the manufacturing and office environments within acceptable budget and financial parameters. This position will be responsible for preventative maintenance programs to improve overall quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of both teams. This position will directly supervise facility engineers, maintenance shop salaried personnel and be responsible for the duties listed below.
- Supports safety and 5S housekeeping activities, development of safety standards and manages enforcement of safety programs.
- Actively looks for ways to provide a safer workplace through employee involvement and proactive planning.
- Support the Lean transformation at Lincoln through providing engineering & maintenance support for Rapid Improvement Events and Lean projects.
- Identify improvement opportunities in the maintenance department and utilize Lean tools to implement necessary changes.
- Ensures all facility and maintenance related activities are in compliance with environmental policies and procedures.
- Manage capital & expense budgeting, planning and execution.
- Direct the facility & maintenance for the installation & repair of all production equipment, building, and grounds.
- Develop and maintain formalized predictive and preventive maintenance programs as part of an overall Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) system.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of outside contractors.
- Work closely with vendors and suppliers to facilitate equipment installation & equipment repairs and maintenance of building.
- Responsible for proper staffing of personnel to properly support the facility.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7 years of experience in maintenance / facilities field including minimum.
- 3 years of experience managing a maintenance department and/or operations.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership and team-building skills.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and schedule the work of others.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- No relocation offered. Position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
- Engineering Degree is preferred.
- Industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.