Data Platform Engineer ContiConnect (m/f/divers)
Vaše náplň práce
As a Data Platforms Engineer, you will work in a SCRUM team closely with the backend developers, solutions architects, and data engineers to build and enhance our existing and future digital services within Continental Tires. With this job, you join the global team working on our product ContiConnect, a digital tire monitoring platform for commercial fleets around the world.
In this exciting job you work on the following tasks:
- Understanding of data engineering processes and their infrastructure requirements
- Understanding of IT Infrastructure in use and IT and business priorities
- Bridging discussions between application and infrastructure team
- Applying your technical knowledge to develop new solutions in the cloud, that meet business and IT requirements
- Support data engineers to optimize existing processes (e.g. by adjusting infrastructure / settings or code optimization)
- Implement and maintain data processing services (e.g. stream processing, batch ETL)
- Support Cloud Architects evaluating new cloud services and capabilities to simplify existing processes
- Migrate existing Processes into Cloud Solutions
- Be up to date with the latest cloud technologies and ensure long-term technical viability of new implementations (e.g., Big Data, IoT, Data Lake, Power BI, API Gateway, Spark …)
- Ensure solutions have high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and deployment reliability
- Operate cloud infrastructure supporting application as well as infrastructure focused teams
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge to stay abreast of market trends and competitive insights
- Collaborate and share expertise with other areas
Get to know some of your new colleagues already today on our website.
- Academic degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related studies
- Experience working with data warehouses / data driven use cases and applications
- Experience working with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, database migrations, and technology management
- First experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company desired
- Technical aptitude and capability to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends
- Motivation to learn on your own initiative
- Knowledge in programming (e.g., Java, C, C++)
- Basic knowledge of Data Governance, Data Engineering, and operating systems like Linux
- Experience in working in a multinational company is beneficial
- Good communication skills and team player
- Professional working proficiency in English
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
The job in numbers: You are going to work 37.5 hours per week in an international team. We offer 30 days of vacation per year.
Being part of a global IT team of thousands of colleagues working on various innovations and tasks, there is always an opportunity to grow and move into different directions within our corporation.
On top of that you can expect the following benefits:
- Individual development planning based on your personal needs and targets (e. g. mentoring, trainings or global internal Software Academy)
- Work from home up to 3 days per weekdays a week (unless workshops etc. require physical presence)
- Option to work from other EU countries up to 40 days per year
- 13 salaries per year
- Agile and collaborative workstyle
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Employee discounts
- Health insurance
- Assistance with child-care
- Parent-child office
- On-site physicians
- Sabbatical option
You would like to learn more about our benefits in detail? Click
If this sounds like a perfect match for you and if you want to become the next supporter of our core values Trust For One Another, Passion to Win and Freedom to Act, we are looking forward receiving your application.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental’s digital capabilities are growing every day. Our eCommerce, Fleet Solutions and Data Science Information Technology team creates a wide range of technology solutions for Continental’s Global Sales and Marketing teams – and we want you to join us!
Our team continuously works on the digitalization of our business-to-business processes and end consumer communication, using leading web technologies and a strong focus on data science and artificial intelligence. We run Continental’s global customer relationship management platform, which supports our Sales colleagues in their daily interaction with customers.
The Fleet Solutions part of our team builds global tech platforms using the Internet of Things, big data and automated service management. We constantly strive to improve the user experience for our fleet customers and Continental’s fleet organization.
If you’d love to join a global team that works on the latest technologies and creates value-added solutions for customers, Continental is the perfect match for you.
Podobná pracovní místa
Data Platform Engineer ContiConnect (m/f/divers)
Werkstudent – Softwareentwicklung im SCM Bereich (m/w/divers)