Electrical Engineer - Mixing
Vaše náplň práce
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking a self-motivated and passionate Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering group in our Mixing area. Level will be decided based upon years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate has strong troubleshooting and excellent electrical skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Responsible for Area Machines/ Equipment Reliability, Upgrades, Monitoring Systems and other modifications. Assisting with Installation of new Equipment, upgrades and start up of electrical projects in plant. Supporting Maintenance with Troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing problem equipment and training of Technicians. Ensure all drawings/prints and machine documentation are kept updated and accessible. Maintain plant interest in all projects for which external or internal engineering is required in designing, procuring and starting up.
1. Monitor and Responsible for Improvement of Area Machine/Equipment Reliability.
2. Responsible for Manufacturing Systems in Mixing Area.
3. Support Maintenance in troubleshooting, repairing, replacing problem equipment.
4. Troubleshoot Machine/Equipment PLC, IPC, PC, Programming, Motor and Drives (VFDs) and other Electrical Hardware.
5. Arrange for adequate/proper production and maintenance training on all new equipment & changes.
6. Project Management – Planning, Execution, Finalization of Machine/Equipment Upgrade/Replacement Projects as assigned by the Area Engineering Lead and ensure successful implementation.
7. Review all design package (Electrical, Electronics, Power Distribution) bid documents to ensure accuracy and compliance to company standards prior to installation for various Area Projects.
8. Assist Planner in acquiring spare parts for all new and obsolete equipment.
9. Assist Reliable Engineer in root cause and failure analysis for better machine performance.
10. Perform other duties as directed by the Area Engineering Manager or Division Engineering Manager.
· Relocation package and/or signing bonus may be considered as an added benefit.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field
· Previous manufacturing facility experience
· PLC knowledge and experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle’s only link with the road. They transmit all forces onto the road. It is the tire technology that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time and stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.