Senior Staff RF Engineer
Vaše náplň práce
Our Deer Park, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Senior Staff RF Engineer to join our team! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The candidate will be part of NAD (network access device) R&D team and bring in strong RF design expertise. The candidate will work closely with NAD baseband team and modem SW team. This individual will also provide technical support to purchasing, supplier quality team, EMS (external manufacturing service) team for NAD related activities. This candidate has strong technical RF skills and system level knowledge in 2G/3G/4G/LTE/5G wireless communication system
• Assist in defining RF Front-end architect
• Provide inputs to Schematic and layout and Conduct RF design review
• Bench level optimization and evaluation of RF design
• NAD “ bring up”, RF calibration and RFC configuration
• Conduct worse case analysis for RF design
• Support DFMEA analysis and provide solutions to high risk items
• Write technical documents
• Provide technical guidance on NAD integration
• Support NAD level design verification and reliability qualification
• In-depth Intelligent analysis of cellular chipsets from different modem chipset suppliers
• Benchmark analysis of NADs from competitors
• Mentor junior RF engineers
• Support factory build
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
• 5+ years of engineering experience
• 3+ years experience with cellular technology: 5G/LTE/UMTS/CDMA/GSM
• Knowledge of latest Qualcomm or other modem chipset supplier of 5G/LTE technology
• Strong system knowledge of wireless device and design experience in SW and HW
• Experience of working with factory to provide technical support and bring new design to production
• Strong process oriented and experience with automotive qualification process
• Strong communication skills and strong problem solving skills
• Willingness to travel- Domestic and International
• MS degree in Electrical or Computer engineering
• 5+ years engineering experience in cellular wireless industry and minimum one year in automotive industry
• Familiar with Automotive production lifecycle and development process
Some travel (including International travel) is required
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services