Senior Systems Simulation Engineer – Powertrain and Electromobility (Automotive)
Vaše náplň práce
For our Engineering Location Porto we search for dynamic and motivated people to join our Driveline & Electrification division.
A system simulation engineer is required to develop, optimize, and test models in Matlab/Simulink, supporting the development of powertrain components for electric vehicles. You will work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and test appropriate system solutions to meet the project´s performance targets.
- Development of 1D simulation models for components and subsystems for thermal management, drivetrain components or powertrain system level;
- Supporting in the design of new systems, parts or functions;
- Analyzing various test data sets and simulation results;
- Analysis of customer requirements, functional safety requirements, relevant legislation and performance targets to support the development of system specifications;
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to design and develop the system architecture;
- Problem-solving during system and vehicle development phases within tight timescales.
- Degree-qualified in a relevant science or Engineering disciplines;
- Experience in simulation and model-based development (MATLAB/Simulink or similar);
- Good written & verbal communication skills;
- A team player with the ability to work alone unsupervised;
- Willingness to work in a global team environment;
- Analytical and open to constantly learning new subjects;
- Willingness to travel (<10% of the time) to support knowledge transfer and global activities.
- Proven experience in a similar role within a research and development environment;
- Electric vehicle powertrain knowledge;
- Basic understanding of thermal management systems in automotive;
- Experience in requirements analysis;
- Good test and analysis skills;
- Knowledge of overall vehicle development;
- A sense of modern automotive systems and standard automotive practices.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting and diversified projects;
- An inside in innovative technologies of the automotive industry;
- Wide network to research and development parties;
- Modern leadership culture;
- Individual choice of working times;
- Promotion of personal development;
- Participation to the company’s success;
If you meet the requirements we will get in touch within the next 15 days.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Since 2006, Continental Engineering Services (CES) has been active worldwide as an independent operating provider of comprehensive engineering services. The extensive know-how and creativity of our engineers, as well as access to Continental’s entire technology pool, provides a unique position for our development: the flexibility and speed of small engineering teams combined with the strength of an internationally leading company. In addition, our adaptability enables established mass production technology to become a reality for small series and applications at economical costs.