Mechanical Discipline Project Leader for DS – Display Solutions (m/f/diverse)
Vaše náplň práce
With the ever-increasing digitalization, displays are becoming THE key differentiator of modern vehicle interiors and are the most important interface for the interaction of driver and vehicle. Changed user demands and new technologies enable novel interior cockpit designs. With our broad technical know-how and long experience in the field of instrumentation, Continental is the leading innovator for automotive display solutions.
As a mechanical discipline project leader for display solutions, you will:
- Be part of PDC DS (product development centre display solutions) in our business area UX (User Experience)
- Work in an international team and join technology specific trainings
- Be involved in a wide product range with different display sizes and different customers
- Work with the latest technologies on the market
- Have the chance of a career path as a mechanical project leader in complex mechanical architectures or as an expert in display solution specific fields
- Responsibility for coordinating and controlling project activities and assure they are in line with the project plan for an international team setup
- Responsibility for planning tasks and assigning them to project team members and establishing regular core team meetings
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining discipline project plans with cost, quality, risk analysis and timing throughout life of project
- Contribution of the acquisition of new business activities
- Responsibility for creation, check and release of technical documents (drawings, specification, etc.)
- Tracking of standardization of concepts and design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Participation in establishing and managing technical relationships with all internal and external parties
- Responsibility for regular budget reviews at discipline level
- Responsibility for providing lessons learned
- Responsibility for closing all open issues from development phase
- Responsibility for solving all R&D related mechanical engineering topics during the ramp up phase for mass production
- University degree in an engineering field (e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics, plastic technologies, etc.) or a comparable qualification
- Experience in developing display products (TFT, OLED, backlight, touch system, die casting and plastic technologies) and project management would be a major advantage
- Technical knowledge in discipline area
- Knowledge of CAD Software like CATIA V5 2D/3D modelling
- Good MS Office skills
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Capability to analyse technical problems in a structured approach
- Capability to take initiative
- Very good presentations skills (with customer, internal, etc.)
- Understanding of the customers and users needs and problems
- Strong leading / coordination abilities
- Intercultural competence
- Negotiation skills
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.