Software and Hardware Engineer - Conti Machinery
Vaše náplň práce
- Machine debugging and trouble shouting from the software and hardware side
in relation with the tire process necessities in machines located in Stock
Preparation, Tire Building and Final Finishing process
- Comparing and analyzing special functions and features. Process optimization
and contribution for improvements in the machine design and productivity.
- After an evaluation and/or modification done in the machines, they must be
communicated and updated in the Manufacturing and Development Central
server to keep recorder the changes for each machine and storages them like
- Identify, evaluate and optimize faults in the machines and special components
from the Control and Drive Systems.
- Based in the finding’s due problems, modifications, fails, support, provide best
trouble shouting practice implementation and exchange that information
between tire Plants.
- Administration work, base load (reporting meetings, telco, projects –
participation, travel planning’s)
- Remote support to the different Plants trough Barracuda, accessing to the
machines like support in the first line, if is needed later must be on-site
- Inspect and follow up CM equipment and machines
- Travel 15-30% within the Americas to support the equipment within the plants
-Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field
- Willingness to travel 15-30% within the Americas
- 5 years of work experience in Tire Manufacturing Process in relation with
Siemens and Beckhoff and machines manufactured by CM
- 1 year knowledge of Manufacturing applications like CTOO, Maintenance
Framework, SFI and IT features for remote control as Barracuda.
- 3 years knowledge and experience in Hardware/ Software Systems and
programming especially in BECKHOFF PLC and System Manager, Twincat,
Twinsafe, SIEMENS S7 PLC, SIEMENS Profibus, ProfiNET, Profisafe.
SIEMENS drives S120, Hardware Manager, Diagnostic Software tools,
Software interfaces SIEMENS HMI ( WinCC).
- 2 years knowledge in E+L / BST Camera Systems and SW interfaces; SICK
Safety System S3000 and C Programming.
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Notes, Planner, etc)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Software and Hardware Engineer to join our Continental Machinery Regional Support Group within our Engineering Department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.